FPGA Tomu Workshop¶
Hi, I’m Fomu! This workshop covers the basics of Fomu in a top-down approach. We’ll start out by learning what Fomu is, how to load software into Fomu, and finally how to write software for Fomu.
FPGAs are complex, weird things, so we’ll take a gentle approach and start out by treating it like a Python interpreter first, and gradually peel away layers until we’re writing our own hardware registers. You can take a break at any time and explore! Stop when you feel the concepts are too unfamiliar, or plough on and dig deep into the world of hardware.
Table of Contents¶
- Python on Fomu
- Fomu as a CPU
- Hardware Description Languages
- Languages and generators
- Working with LiteX and (co-)simulation with Renode
- Getting Renode
- Running your own Zephyr binary on LiteX/VexRiscv in Renode
- Wishbone bridge between Renode and Fomu
- Renode Co-simulation using Verilator
- Getting Help